Thursday, April 12, 2012

eating jaggery after many years

i would like to embrace you with my mouth again
when everything is burning, this moment is a window
to a time when my mother would say there is no peace on this earth
and i would respond you would search heaven no longer
if you could have one taste

he sold it in mounds the color of my skin
he heard the sound of my heart and the beaded gathering
of perspiration beneath my arms
for one taste my body would bloom.

on a road my fingers would taste as warm as the sweetness of tears
the reluctance of money with the sun at its brightest
you dissolve on my fingers.

my mother would say it will not always be summer
again, again. for now my mouth is full and my senses rapt
i will close my eyes. rekindle my blood.

1 comment:

  1. Again, a very organic and sensitive poem. A taste so divine that nothing else matters, that search for the perfect moment, the perfection... I don't know if this could even be put into a chain reaction, but you give out that feeling that, everything happened for a reason and that perfection did happen, maybe for a short while, but it is something that lasts beyond the existence of that moment. I may have digressed along those lines, I just wanted to say this is a very strong poem. You give out the impression that feelings have words.

    ReplyDelete