Wednesday, April 11, 2012

i am certain my heart was misplaced
that the clouds spanning the skies are my membranes
that airplanes in their certainty carve lines of despair
over the landscapes of my tissue

i am sure that one day a tornado will arise
from the grim city and its populace below
and funnel my flabby heart into cotton candy
which children will eat, smacking their lips
and swallow with decision

i am certain there will be nothing else of me
but a sticky sweet fragerance which they will
carry steadily into their future.

1 comment:

  1. Who are you? A person in a landscape or a landscape in a person? You mix the scenic and the organic to a point where they are one and the same. It's a strong imagery, yet it's impossible to grasp it entirely. A particular note to the notes and sounds in here, there is a great flow, maybe you should record it and hear it to see what I meant. Good one!

    ReplyDelete